London, Waterloo – 18 months Fixed Term Contract
£49,490 (plus inner London Weighting £3,039)
Prospect is a leading trade union that delivers advice, support, representation and a voice for our members. We are a not-for-profit organisation with over 250 staff helping to support more than 150,000 people in specialist, professional and technical roles across the private and public sectors.
Our members want to get on at work. They work in a diverse range of professions, including energy, science, engineering, heritage, defence, entertainment and digital. As a union for modern working life we aim to get the best deal for our members by using evidence and building partnerships – while never being scared to call employers out when they get things wrong.
Our priorities are to grow our membership through attracting new members and to improve our impact, whether that is helping members win improvements at work or changing the policy environment which affects them.
Diversity is an important value for the trade union movement, and as an organisation we are passionate about promoting equality at work and are committed to it for all our staff; we would be particularly interested in applications from groups that are underrepresented in the workplace.
Prospect is a great place to work - this role has access to our high-quality defined benefit pension scheme and 33 days annual leave each year. We offer a good work-life balance, flexible working options and offer support for training and development.
The Role of Pensions Officer
Prospect is looking for an experienced pensions professional to provide technical pensions advice and negotiating support to our team of field officials.
You will need to:
- Have a good knowledge of pensions policy and practice across the public and private sectors.
- Be able to advise both on Defined Benefit schemes and the development of Defined Contribution provision.
- Provide thought leadership on pensions policy.
- Develop and deliver presentations and training.
- Want to make the world of work better for everyone through promoting membership and the values of the trade union movement.
Where this role fits in
This role is part of our Research and Policy team – which also includes an Assistant Pensions Officer.
You will be working with colleagues in the research, negotiating and communications team and with our volunteer representatives.
Employee Benefits include:
- Inner London weighting allowance.
- Up to 33 days annual leave per year.
- Office closure over the Christmas period.
- Contributory defined benefit pension scheme with high employer contribution rate.
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers telephone counselling and a website with many useful toolkits.
- Eye care voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme.
- Access to Prospect member services benefits including shopping, travel, health and insurance discounts.
- Access to training to support career development
For further details or an application form please click to apply below.
Closing date: 9th June 2021 – Noon (CVs will not be accepted)
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed in June/July at our Covid-secure London Headquarters building, New Prospect House.
Prospect is an equal opportunities employer