Haringey Council has set clear ambitious objectives for creating sustainable growth, jobs and investment opportunities that will make Haringey a better place to live. As the shape of local government continues to change, Haringey's Pension’s team is committed to delivering a professional and supportive pensions service to all council employees and customers.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Pensions Officer to join our busy pensions team. This is a key role in the pension’s administration team, and you will be expected to have practical experience of helping manage a pensions team to produce high quality work. Reporting to the Pensions Manager, you will have shared responsibility for overseeing 4 team members.
This role will specifically support the manager to keep up to date with LGPS regulations and related legislation. Ensuring that the team are well briefed in any changes enabling the team to perform at the highest standard. As a subject expert you will assist in writing briefings and procedure documentation. You will also provide ongoing support and guidance to the team to uphold standards generally.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in all aspects of Local Government Pension Schemes. You will be keen to keep up to date with changes in pension legislation and regulations and be able to evidence how you will approach doing so.
- Has excellent IT skills including proficiency in Altair, Excel, Outlook, and Word and be confident in using databases and scanning machines.
- Is highly organised, adaptable, able to accurately work to high standards under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Is an excellent team player and be able to manage and support team members as well as maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels from managers to frontline workers.
- Has proven ability of working proactively and will ideally have some supervision experience or be able to demonstrate the capacity to take on that responsibility.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to outstanding customer service and the confidence to deal with queries by telephone, in writing or by email.
If you feel the above suits your experience and skillset, then we would like to hear from you.
Flexible working hours, 30 days + bank holidays, Excellent pension scheme, plus training opportunities.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th September 2020