About the Company
XPS Pensions Group is the largest pure pensions consultancy in the UK and is listed on the UK main market. We are actuaries, consultants and administrators working to protect and enhance the benefits of hundreds of thousands of pension scheme members. With over 1000 staff in 15 UK locations, our business combines expertise, insight and technology to address the needs of both pension trustees and sponsoring companies for over 1,200 pension schemes and undertakes pensions administration for over 800,000 scheme members.
We provide a positive working environment and we put relationships at the very heart of our business. You can expect an exciting and fulfilling career in a growing business and an industry that provides a consistent challenge.
Main duties and responsibilities
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for developing and growing our Defined Contribution (DC) offering across XPS involving:
- Creating a strategic plan to grow the DC business within XPS;
- Identifying gaps in the current XPS offering and developing a plan to address;
- Identifying any risks that may prevent delivery of the strategic plan and developing mitigation approaches;
- Providing direction to a team of local DC Specialists and creating an environment where they are able to develop their DC capabilities (N.B. – these individuals will not be a direct report to this role);
- Working closely with teams across the business to ensure a joined up XPS DC offering;
- Raising our external profile across the DC market by acting as a spokesperson on DC related matters with the media and at external facing conferences
- Drive the Business Development plan for DC services, developing compelling material for proposals and introducer meetings which showcase our talents.
The XPS DC offering straddles many teams including administration, technical, consulting, actuarial, investment, technology, member communications and marketing.
- Proven track record leading a DC practice / team (this could be from a DC consultancy / 3rd party provider or a large in-house team)
- Evidence of strong leadership and influencing skills. This individual will need to be able to influence operations across XPS so experience of operating at a senior level is essential
- Experience of managing a budget and new business targets
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulated advice process for clients, in particular investment advice to pension schemes
- An in-depth understanding of the DC legislative and governance framework
- Experience of delivering large change programmes
- Experience of wider financial well-being initiatives
- Experience of different communication tools / techniques aimed at increasing member engagement
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- DC Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.