Job purpose Summary
This position could be contractually based at either our London or Reading office.
Trainee Scheme Managers provide proactive and wide ranging secretarial and governance support to the Client Directors and Scheme Managers across a portfolio of clients. They will build valuable client experience by supporting senior colleagues preparing for and attending Board meetings and getting involved in a variety of project work. They will build strong relationships with the trustees, advisers, and be ready to answer queries from members about their pension benefits.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Supporting the delivery of client-facing activities
- Preparing vital governance documents for client meetings and leading discussions on these at client meetings
- Assisting in the day to day running of pension schemes and proactively managing priorities and workloads to meet client needs
- Contribute to marketing and proposals for new business opportunities
- Carrying out administrative tasks contributing to the efficient running of Trustee meetings
- Using technology to support efficient meetings
- Establish professional, polite and friendly relationship with clients, advisers and colleagues
- Learning quickly on the job, through formal training and senior colleagues around you
Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
Knowledge & experience
- Some experience of:
- Working in a customer focused environment
- Following detailed processes and instructions
- Building effective relationships with colleagues, clients and advisers and
- Delivering services to tight timescales
Training, education & qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard
- Strong A levels and Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Either willing to study for PMI exams or already working towards PMI qualification.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Clear aptitude for planning, organising and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels from board directors to shop floor workers
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships
- Ability to work in advance of deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible approach to work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deals effectively with challenge/conflict and comes forward with options, ideas and solutions adapted to the audience
- Good team player, but motivated to work individually when needed