We’re recruiting pensions technical managers to join our dynamic in house pensions team and deliver a number of key strategic pensions projects. It’s a big job. We have over 150,000 active and deferred members and pensioners, and circa £12bn of pension liabilities. But one that comes with even bigger opportunities to gain experience whilst making sure we provide a fair and inclusive pensions proposition for a huge range of colleagues.
We have a number of on-going projects in our team and as a result have multiple vacancies for pensions technical managers. Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the skills listed below, as long as you have experience working in a technical role across a large complex pension scheme we can match your skills to the vacancy you’re most suited to.
What you’ll do
• Manage technical pensions projects whilst understanding the wider strategic context of other departmental projects
• Help manage a team of technical officers who provide technical advisory support
• Help to develop complex policies and procedures, acting as the point of contact for more complex and technical issues
• Attend regular meetings, making sure the relevant data and reports are prepared in advance, and that actions are progressed between meetings
• Work with external suppliers to develop and co-ordinate engaging member communications
• Build and manage relationships with trustees, key business stakeholders and external advisors
• Proactively monitor the team’s spend
This role would suit people who have
• Experience planning, drafting and delivering member communications
• Worked across large and/or complicated schemes
• Experience of working on liability reduction exercises
• An awareness of a breadth of pensions issues including investments, governance and liabilities
• The ability to manage multiple complex projects
• Experience working closely with a range of people including trustees, sponsors, lawyers, actuaries and investment consultants
• Supervised, delegated and reviewed work
• The confidence to present to senior partners in the business
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• Competitive salary
• Coaching, training and support to help you develop
• Pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• Annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• Discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.