About the role
A vacancy has arisen in the local authority joint provision payroll service. This is a demanding but very rewarding position within a supportive team who are passionate about delivering a first class customer-focused service to its varied service users.
The successful candidate will be required to provide overall management of the Auto Enrolment process within the partnership, using the iTRENT system, to ensure compliance with the Pensions Act 2008 and Regulations (2012).
The postholder will be responsible for providing advice and guidance in relation to the LGPS, Teachers Pensions, NHS and associated stakeholder schemes. You will be required to coordinate the End of Year and monthly reporting requirements for the partnership pension schemes. You will be the prime point of contact for dealing with related matters in conjunction with the Pensions Regulator.
The ideal candidate will have proven knowledge and experience of Auto Enrolment legislation, LGPS, Teachers Pensions and other stakeholder pension schemes. You should have experience of working within pensions administration. You should have excellent IT skills, a keen attention to detail and a customer-focused approach. Previous experience of the iTrent system is desirable.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be expected to work across two sites - Kingston and Sutton, therefore flexibility regarding location is required.
Benefits we offer
Kingston Council has good access to central London and our offices are a short walk from the station based in the middle of the historic and vibrant high street next to the open spaces of the river Thames, offering a wide range of shops, restaurants and leisure facilities; all making for a desirable place to live and work.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of staff benefits, some of which include:
- 29 days annual leave - In addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Interest free season loan ticket
- Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
- Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
- A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued.
- Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices.