- Are you a Pensions Administrator or Technician with occupational and/or personal pensions experience?
- Would you like to use your knowledge and experience to help people that might have complaints/issues about their workplace pensions?
- Are you looking for a more interesting role that really makes a difference to people’s lives?
If so, then working as an Adjudicator with The Pensions Ombudsman may be just right for you! Enjoy a rewarding role as part of a growing and busy team, based in new offices in Canary Wharf.
The Pensions Ombudsman is a free, independent organisation set up to help people that have any complaints/issues about workplace pensions. We look at the facts without taking sides. We aim to constantly support one another to provide the best service we can for the people who need us most.
As an Adjudicator you will be responsible day-to-day for a varied caseload, dealing with less complex cases and ensuring they are brought to a conclusion in the most effective, timely and efficient manner, maintaining consistency between cases.
You will be required to analyse large amounts of information, identifying key issues and relevant evidence, so that you can make sound and well-reasoned decisions, whilst ensuring impartiality at all times. You will also be expected to apply a range of solutions and techniques to ensure applications/investigations can be progressed or concluded.
So, in addition to your pensions knowledge and experience you will need first-class interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, both in writing and on the telephone. That means being able to get the message across in a way that is accessible to the recipient. The ability to remain calm and organised under pressure is really important, as is the ability to work without direct supervision and use your own initiative when necessary. You must be a team player, be able to work cooperatively and share information to support best practice.
For the right person the rewards include a competitive salary plus a range of worthwhile benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 2½ privilege days.
- Flexi time - we offer flexible working hours between 7am and 7pm.
- The opportunity to work from home for a part of each week.
- Opportunities to develop your skills and career.
- An excellent working environment – great office and great facilities.
To find out more about this role and to access an application pack, please click on the Apply link now!
Closing date: 4 February 2019
Interview date: w/c 11 February 2019