The ZPen team is an in-house pensions team which prides itself on providing first class pension services for both the trustees of the pension scheme and the companies operating within the Zurich UK Group. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and enthusiastic employees and are looking for a DC Manager to join our friendly team.
The newly created role of DC Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the DC pension arrangements operate within a robust governance framework and in accordance with pensions legislation and the trust deed and rules
- Working with the trustees, their advisers and the ZPen team to develop and deliver the objectives for the DC arrangements and ensure the smooth running of trustee business
- Analysing incoming or proposed legislative or regulatory changes and developing strategies and policies
- Working with the ZPen Finance Manager to monitor, review and develop the DC investment options
- Resolving complex technical queries from the business, trustees and ZPen Customer Services team
- Providing general pensions technical and governance support to the ZPen Technical and Governance Manager
Your Skills and Experience:
- Experienced pensions professional, specifically in DC
- Ideally APMI or equivalent
- Strong scheme secretarial and governance skills
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Driven to achieve good member outcomes for DC members
- Ability to develop clear proposals using analytical, interpretative and evaluative thought
- Motivated to build and maintain strong relationships with the trustees, advisers and team members
- Willingness to travel to UK Zurich sites for meetings (most likely locations Cheltenham, London and Swindon)
Zurich offer a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle; plus you will receive an annual company bonus subject to performance, free travel insurance for 12 months and a 12% employer contribution to the pension scheme. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone. As part of our commitment to charity we offer employees three volunteering days per year
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported. Love what you do. Work for us.