To deliver innovative and proactive solutions and develop and maintain effective data and system strategies for the UK Pensions team to support the delivery of an effective and efficient service to customers of the UK Pensions function.
- Manage systems and provide support that meets the requirements of the UK Pensions team. Specifically effective support, both internally and externally, to ensure that the Pensions Administration System operates effectively.
- Effective management of systems projects.
- Provide appropriate MI reporting
- Manage the provision of data to internal and external sources.
- Develop improved ways of working within the UK Pensions team.
- Design, implement, deliver and maintain quality and effective validation processes to ensure data quality and take a proactive approach to data clean up
- Continuous improvement of pension scheme processes in terms of quality, compliance and timeliness
- Successful management of all system changes so they are understood, adequately tested and applied within a controlled framework.
- Identify user needs and provide quality and effective solutions.
- Develop and maintain web enabled self service facilities.
- Specify calculations, system parameters, and data requirements.
- Provide an appropriate user acceptance testing environment and ensure adequacy of testing, security and controls in a web based environment.
- Design and implement appropriate systems and mechanisms for maintaining core data across benefit plans such that the business can easily identify core and satellite benefit strategy to support M&A activity across the region.
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Pensions Administration systems
- Excellent knowledge of microsoft office, including word, excel, powerpoint, project manager and access including knowledge of VBA/Macros
- Significant experience of administering pension schemes
- Excellent knowledge of the regulatory environment and reporting / compliance requirements relating to occupational pension schemes
- Experience of defined benefit and defined contribution pension arrangements working at a supervisory or senior technical level
- Good knowledge of administration good practice and regulations relating to UK Pension Schemes with a preference for an Associate of Pensions Management Institute (APMI) or significant progress towards the qualification
- A working knowledge of website design would be advantageous
- Ability to analyse and interpret statistical data.
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Programming skills advantageous.
- Good influencing skills
- Creative problem-solving/decision-making
- Effective at working independently as well as in collaboration with others
- Good verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate in plain English.
- People management and leadership skills
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.