A global leader in the aerospace and commercial building industries, United Technologies provides high-technology systems and services that set the standard for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. UTC ranks among the world’s most respected and innovative companies. UTC’s subsidiaries include Otis, Carrier, Chubb, Kidde, Pratt & Whitney and Goodrich.
UTC has four separate final-salary pension schemes in the UK, with combined assets of £3.8bn, and a contract-based defined contribution plan with 6,000 contributing members.
Reporting to the UTC Pensions Manager within this small in-house pensions team, responsibilities will include:
- Arranging quarterly trustee and committee meetings, preparing meeting papers and taking minutes.
- Responsibility for ensuring completion of actions following meetings.
- Liaising with the trustee boards, employing companies and the schemes’ advisors.
- Ensuring excellent levels of scheme governance are adhered to, including maintaining up to date policies, procedures and processes.
- Maintaining the schemes’ online documentation library.
The role should be of interest to those with a secretary to the trustees/pensions management background looking to develop a career in pensions management, or to those who have just embarked upon such a career, ideally progressing towards APMI.