We are looking for a Senior Pensions Administrator with between 3 to 5 years’ experience to work in our Midlands office on a permanent basis. The individual must have an excellent working knowledge of DB/DC trust based pension schemes and professional qualifications would be desirable but not essential.
In addition to working within a friendly and supportive team in a peaceful semi-rural location with free parking on site, the individual will be encouraged to contribute ideas and suggestions and fully supported in their own development including completing professional qualifications.
We have offices in the South West and the Midlands, entering our 30th year of business this is a very exciting time to join our growing team. Our principal business activities are corporate pension consultancy, investment consultancy, scheme administration and the provision of actuarial services. We provide a boutique service to Trustees and employers. Our focus is very much on the provision of a personal and professional service tailored specifically to meet each client’s particular needs.
The individual will:
- Have a professional, proactive and positive attitude
- Be able to prioritise and organise their own workloads and those of junior team members
- Have excellent technical pensions knowledge and understanding of the calculation basis, including being able to perform manual calculations, for a variety of different benefit basis
- Attain a high level of accuracy in all work completed
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Be able to delegate and coach junior team members
- Work well within a small busy team
- Have their own transport as the office is based in a semi-rural location, occasional travel to the South West office for training and social occasions will also be required
- Overseeing day to day administration work carried out by junior team members to ensure SLA’s are met
- Checking work completed by junior team members such as day to day post, the calculation and settlement of benefits, pensioner payrolls, annual renewals and pension increases
- Completing more complex cases and calculations
- Provide training and on the job support to junior team members
- Carrying out ad hoc project work such as scheme installations, GMP reconciliations and data cleansing, as and when required
The benefit package includes 25 days holiday, a discretionary bonus scheme, immediate life assurance cover and membership of our group pension arrangement. Working hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.
*Closing Date 31th March 2018*