Open to flexible working patterns or condensed hours
Change is everywhere you look at Co-op. We’re preparing to achieve the biggest goals we’ve ever set ourselves as we continue to rebuild our business, and our pensions team has a big role to play in our transformation. They administer five Co-op pension schemes with over £10bn of assets, and over 150,000 scheme members. Now we’re looking to recruit a talented pensions investment analyst to join us and help make sure we’re investing our pension funds in the best possible way. If you can bring us the combination of expert technical knowledge and great people skills we’re looking for, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a pensions investment analyst, you’ll report into the pensions investment and risk manager alongside two other analysts, focussing on governance, risk and the implementation of investment strategies. We’ll look to you to build strong relationships with a range of internal and external partners. You’ll be involved with lots of interesting things happening within the pensions and investment space, giving you a great opportunity to develop your experience and knowledge with the UK’s biggest convenience retail brand.
What you’ll do:
- work closely with trustees, investment managers and other members of the pensions team to make sure we’re investing wisely and doing everything possible to get the right return
- work with investment managers to monitor and analyse the schemes’ investments and their performance
- input into member communications and annual accounts
- manage cash flows for the five schemes, and manage documentation and legal requirements when we change where we invest money
- get hands on experience of implementing market leading pensions investment strategies
To be successful, you’ll have good experience in either pensions consulting or investments, along with a keen eye for detail. Any exposure to working with large pension schemes and complex investment strategies will be a huge advantage. But what’s really important is that you can build relationships with key people and use your knowledge and expertise to make sure we’re looking after our pension funds and investing in the right way.
We’d love to speak to you if:
- you have a background in either pensions consulting or implementing investment decisions – if you’re from a pensions background you’d need experience of working with defined benefit schemes
- you can bring good people skills and an ability to build relationships with lots of different people
- you’ve experience working with large pension schemes, that would be great
- you’ve worked on complex investment strategies, that would also be great
- you have experience of writing meeting papers, this would be beneficial
173 years ago a group of Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they’re stronger, and it’s thanks to them that when you join the modern Co-op, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We want to change the world all over again. If you believe in our purpose, and you’re keen to progress your career with a business that’s different to all the rest, then join us. And help us rebuild an iconic British brand.
We’re actively seeking to build diverse teams, and we welcome applications from all people regardless of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We will make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.