Type of contract: Permanent. Full time 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid/London EC2R 7AF, with up to 3 days working from home post probation
Salary: Up to £85,000 a year (depending on relevant knowledge, skills, and experience)
Closing date: The deadline for applications is Friday 5 January 2024
We’re the Trustee and administrator of a multi-employer hybrid pension scheme, and a Master Trust, looking after the pensions of more than 80,000 members and approximately £3.1bn in assets invested across multiple strategies. The success of the investment strategy is key to maintaining the sustainability and affordability of the Scheme. We're ranked the 23rd Best Company to work for in the UK and have retained our two-star accreditation as an outstanding place to work.
At STC, we are responsible for:
- collecting the money members and employers pay into SAUL
- managing where that money is invested
- making sure we pay the right pension to the right person at the right time.
About the role
As Senior Investment Analyst, you'll have the opportunity to acquire valuable experience in understanding how a large pension fund manages its investments.
Your responsibilities will be
- Maintaining appropriate knowledge base of investment products, markets and ESG matters to provide support to the wider team.
- Assisting the wider team in the preparation of papers for the Board and its sub-committees and presenting them at meetings, as appropriate.
- Leading the day-to-day relationships with some of SAUL’s investment managers and other key service providers, escalating any issues to the CIO.
- Maintaining and enhancing the monitoring and reporting systems used by the Investment Team.
- Undertaking ad hoc project work as required e.g. asset class and/or manager research.
- Supporting the Investment Team with any other work that might arise from time to time.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate
- At least three years of relevant experience within an investment role in the pension industry
- A good understanding of the workings of pension funds
- Experience of investment strategies for Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension schemes
- Experience of investment performance analysis
- To be a competent user of Bloomberg
- To be computer literate and have strong data analysis skills
- To have excellent written and oral communication skills
- To be able to work well within a small team and to be self-motivated.
Other desirable knowledge/experience
- Experience of the modelling of pension fund assets and liabilities
- An understanding of responsible investment risks and reporting requirements
- Experience of Visual Basic within Excel.
To find out what we offer in more detail, please click below to apply